MAA 2021-02: Russia: Multiple Commodities: Food Import Ban Extended
Date of issue: 19 January 2021
Date of effect: Immediate
Reference Number: MAA2021-02
- Industries—Industry bodies – Dairy Australia, Dairy Export Industry Consultative Committee, Seafood Export Consultative Committee, Australian Food and Grocery Council, Australian Renderers Association
- Export establishments
- Licensed exporters
- Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment —Central and Regional offices
To notify that Russia’s food import ban has been extended until 31 December 2021.
Summary of key points
- Russia has extended the food import ban a fifth time, until 31 December 2021, in response to the extension of EU sanctions on Russia.
- The ban, which blocks the import of certain agricultural products from Australia, the EU, US and Canada, was nominally due to expire at the end of 2018 has been extended.
- An unofficial translation of the list of agricultural products and affected HS (Harmonised System) Codes is provided at Attachment 1.
- Exporters of products not currently included on the list are reminded to exercise caution and to liaise with their importers to assess whether consignments will be permitted entry on arrival to Russia. The department will keep exporters updated on developments.
Contact email@example.com if you have any queries.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.
Attachment 1 Unofficial translation of amended list of agricultural products subject to Russian import ban
|Affected HS Codes||Item Name *, ***|
|0103||Live swine (except pure-bred breeding animals)|
|0201||Cattle meat, fresh or chilled|
|0202||Cattle meat, frozen|
|0203||Pork, fresh, chilled or frozen|
|0206 ****||Edible offal of bovine animals, swine, sheep, goats, horses, asses, mules or hinnies, fresh, chilled or frozen|
|0207||Meat and edible offal of poultry from code 0105, fresh, chilled or frozen|
|0209||Pig fat, free of lean meat, and poultry fat, not rendered or otherwise extracted, fresh, chilled, frozen, salted, in brine, dried or smoked|
|0210 **||Meat salted, in brine, dried or smoked|
|0301 **||Live fish (except for fry of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) and trout (Salmo trutta, Oncorhynchus mykiss)|
|0302, 0303, 0304, 0305, 0306, 0307**, 0308||Fish and crustaceans, molluscs and other aquatic invertebrates (excluding young (spat) oysters and mussels)|
|0401**, 0402**, 0403**, 0404**, 0405**, 0406||Milk and dairy products (excluding specialised lactose-free milk and specialised lactose-free dairy products intended as dietary therapeutical food and dietary protective food)|
|1501, 1502, 1503||Pig fat (including lard) and poultry fat, other than that of heading 0209 or 1503,
Fats of bovine animals, sheep or goats, other than those of heading 1503,
Lard stearin, lard oil, oleostearin, oleo-oil and tallow oil, not emulsified or mixed or otherwise prepared
|0701 (excluding 0701 10 000 0), 0702 00 000, 0703 (excluding 0703 10 110 0), 0704, 0705, 0706, 0707 00, 0708, 0709, 0710, 0711, 0712 (excluding 0712 90 110 0), 0713 (excluding 0713 10 100 0), 0714||Vegetables, edible roots and tubers (excluding planting potatoes, planting onions, planting sweet corn hybrid, planting peas)|
|0801, 0802, 0803, 0804, 0805, 0806, 0807, 0808,0809, 0810,0811, 0813||Fruit and nuts|
|1601 00||Sausages and similar products made of meat, meat offal or blood; further processed foods based thereon|
|1901 90 110 0**, 1901 90 910 0**, 2106 90 920 0**, 2106 90 980 4**, 2106 90 980 5**, 2106 90 980 9**||Food or finished products (with the exception of biologically active dietary supplements, vitamin and mineral supplements, flavours, protein concentrates (of animal and plant origin), and mixtures thereof; dietary fibre, nutritional supplements (including complex)|
|1901 90 990 0**||Food or finished products manufactured according to cheese production technology that contain 1.5 per cent or more of milk fat|
* For the purposes of the implementation of this list, it is necessary to follow HS code description. Name of product is shown for convenience only.
** For the purposes of the implementation of this category, both HS code description and names of products should be used as guidance.
*** Except for goods intended for baby food.
**** Except for products for the production of pharmaceutical products.