MAA 2021-04: Indonesia: Fish: Possible disruption to trade for the export of aquatic products to Indonesia.
Date of issue: 27 January 2021
Date of effect: Immediate
Reference Number: MAA2021-04
- Industries—Industry bodies, Seafood Export Consultative Committee
- Export establishments
- Licensed exporters
- Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment —Central and Regional offices
This Market Access Advice (MAA) provides information to export registered seafood establishments on the possible disruption to trade of the import of aquatic products into Indonesia.
Summary of key points
- Indonesia’s Ministry of Marine Affairs and Fisheries (MMAF) have advised that consignments of seafood with government health certification, issued from 1 February 2021, will be detained at port of entry into Indonesia unless accompanied by a health certificate that conforms to the new MMAF health certificate template.
- The department will not have the new seafood health certificate within EXDOC by 1 February 2021. While a manual certificate template is being developed to allow trade whilst the EXDOC certificate is developed, this may also not be available by 1 February 2021.
- The department is urgently seeking a transition period to allow trade to continue on the existing health certificate whilst the new certificate is developed.
- Exports of seafood from 1 February 2021 may be disrupted.
- The department will issue another Market Access Advice on Friday 29 January 2021 to confirm arrangements from 1 February 2021.
The Manual of Importing Country Requirements (Micor) shall be updated to reflect this Market Access Advice.
Contact email@example.com if you have any queries.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.