2021-13: Taiwan: Fish: Access to export fish and fish products to Taiwan
Date of issue: 28 June 2021
Date of effect: 26 July 2021
Reference Number: MAA2021-13
Related MAAs: MAA 2010-11, MAA 2010-12, MAA 2011-13, MAA 2011-15, MAA 2013-01
- Industries—Industry bodies – Seafood Export Consultative Committee
- Export registered establishments
- Registered exporters
- Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment (the department) — Central and Regional offices
To notify export registered establishments and exporters of fish and fish products of expanded market access to Taiwan to take effect on 26 July 2021.
Summary of key points
- From 26 July 2021, a new arrangement with Taiwan for the export of fish and fish products will come into effect.
- Under the new arrangement, all export registered establishments approved to prepare fish and fish products for export by the department now have access for fish and fish products under HS codes 03, 1604 and 1605.
- This includes:
- 03: Fish and crustaceans, molluscs, and other aquatic invertebrates
- 1604: Prepared or preserved fish; caviar and caviar substitutes prepared from fish eggs and fish, whole or in piece, but not minced:
- 1605: Crustaceans, molluscs, and other aquatic invertebrates, prepared or preserved
- Exporters should check with their importers, to see if an import permit is required.
Live fin fish and crustaceans, and chilled/frozen un-eviscerated fish products are subject to additional quarantine requirements. Further details are available on the Manual of Importing Country Requirements (Micor).
- Under the systems recognition arrangement, once a seafood establishment is approved by the department and notified to the Taiwan Food and Drug Administration (TFDA), it will be able to commence exporting seafood products that fall under the HS codes to Taiwan as of 26 July 2021.
- A list of Australian Government approved establishments have been published on the TFDA’s website
- If your seafood establishment is not listed on TFDA’s list, please contact the department at DairyEggsFish@awe.gov.au
The department’s Micor page will be updated to reflect the changes to certification requirements.
Contact ExportStandards@awe.gov.au if you have any queries.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.