2021-14: Saudi Arabia: Nomination for listing of fish and fish products processing establishments
Date of issue: 30 June 2021
Date of effect: Immediate
Previous advice: MAA 2018-03
- Industries—Industry bodies, Seafood Export Consultative Committee
- Export registered establishments
- Licensed exporters
- Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment—Central and Regional
This Market Access Advice (MAA) provides information concerning the requirements for approval of fish processing establishments for export to Saudi Arabia.
Summary of key points
- The department recently became aware of Saudi Arabia’s new requirement for export establishment that export fish and fish products to Saudi Arabia to be approved by the Saudi Food and Drug Administration (SFDA).
- It is understood that SFDA requires an official list to ensure that those establishments exporting fish and aquatic products to Saudi Arabia are subject to official Australian Government controls and in line with the SFDA approved technical regulations and applicable health requirements.
- A list of approved establishments is published on the SFDA website (https://www.sfda.gov.sa/en/list_countries_products).
- Export registered establishments and exporters that currently export, or intending to export, to Saudi Arabia should ensure the correct establishment details appear on the list prior to export.
- For establishments that process wild origin fish, the current SFDA list can be updated (including addition, deletion or amendment to the SFDA list) by contacting the department at firstname.lastname@example.org. The department will notify SFDA of any required changes to their list of approved establishments.
- For establishments that process aquaculture fish, the list is updated through an approval process instigated by the importer in Saudi Arabia and the SFDA.
Contact ExportStandards@awe.gov.au if you have any queries.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.