European Union: Update on new export certification for honey and other edible apiculture products from 14 December 2019 onwards (2019-10)
Date of issue: 12 December 2019
Date of effect: 14 December 2019
Reference Number: MAA2019-10
- Industries - Industry Bodies – Australian Food and Grocery Council (AFGC), Australian Honey Bee Industry Council (AHBIC)
- Export honey and other apiculture products establishments
- Licensed exporters
- State regulatory authorities
- Department of Agriculture—Central and Regional offices
To advise of updates to changes to export certification requirements for honey and other edible apiculture products exported to the European Union (EU). Please refer to MAA 2019-08 for the original notification on this issue.
Summary of key points
The current certificate numbers shall stay the same for all honey and other edible apiculture products eg. EUHGB shall remain EUHGB.
The changes to the certificates themselves involve:
- A new title. The Certificate For Imports Of Honey, Royal Jelly And Other Apiculture Products Intended For Human Consumption is now named Official Certificate For The Entry Into The Union For Placing On The Market Of Honey And Other Apiculture Products Intended For Human Consumption.
- Updated references to recent EU Regulations in the attestations section of the certificates.
- In line with new Regulations, Border Inspection Post (BIP) is now known as Border Control Post (BCP).
- The front page of the certificates are slightly different in regard to cell numbers and the setting out of information.
Commission Implementing Regulation (EU) 2019/628, published 8 April 2019, implements changes to export certificates for honey and other edible apiculture products. These products exported to the EU, from 14 December 2019 onwards, are required to be accompanied by new export certification. Regulation 2019/628 does not implement any new eligibility requirements for Australian honey and edible apiculture products exported to the EU.
Updated Certification available to exporters
The following English certificate template shall be available for use from 14 December 2019. The bilingual versions will be available after this date. Use the English version of the Certificate until the bilingual version is available.
|Template||New Certificate Title||Language|
|EUHGB||OFFICIAL CERTIFICATE FOR THE ENTRY INTO THE UNION FOR PLACING ON THE MARKET OF HONEY AND OTHER APICULTURE PRODUCTS INTENDED FOR HUMAN CONSUMPTION||English|
The EU has granted a transitional period. Certificates which are completed and signed up to and including 13 December, will be accepted up to 13 March 2020.
Contact Exports if you have any queries.
The information provided in this advice is current at the time of writing and is intended for use as guidance only and should not be taken as definitive or exhaustive. The Commonwealth endeavours to keep information current and accurate, however, it may be subject to change without notice. Exporters are encouraged to verify these details with their importers prior to undertaking production/exports. The Commonwealth will not accept liability for any loss resulting from reliance on information contained in this notice.