Exporting organic and bio-dynamic goods from Australia
We regulate the export of organic/bio-dynamic goods from Australia. This ensures that goods:
- comply with export laws
- meet importing country requirements.
You can find out more in an overview of our regulatory system.
Laws and regulations
Regulation assures our trading partners that our goods are safe to import.
Our export laws define:
- the types of regulated goods
- your obligations, if you are involved in exporting regulated goods.
We can help you understand your obligations under Australian export laws.
You are responsible for declaring your organic and bio-dynamic goods are fit for export.
Make sure you meet all requirements for exporters of organic/bio-dynamic goods.
Organic certified operators
If you prepare organic and bio-dynamic goods for export, you must be certified by an approved certifying body. This includes:
- storage facilities.
You are responsible for preparing or processing goods in line with Australian export requirements.
Read more about being an organic/bio-dynamic-certified operator.
Approved certifying bodies
You are responsible for:
- assessing organic and bio-dynamic operators to determine compliance to the National Standard for Organic and Bio-Dynamic Produce and importing country requirements
- certifying organic/bio-dynamic operators/exporters as compliant with Australia’s export requirements
- issuing organic goods certificates (export documentation) for consignments of organic and bio-dynamic goods exported from Australia.
You may also provide advice on export requirements to organic/bio-dynamic operators and exporters.
Read more about approved certifying bodies.
Online services and systems
Check commodity export requirements in our Manual of Importing Country Requirements (Micor).
Check our organic export industry notices.
We use these to inform industry of changes to:
- laws and regulations
- market access conditions
- operational requirements.
Fees and charges
All export fees and charges are detailed in our charging guidelines.