Job functions for Authorised Officers
We control the export of plants or plant products prescribed (listed) under Australian export laws. These goods may require an inspection by an accredited Plant Export Authorised Officer (AO) before they can be exported.
Before conducting inspections, AOs must be:
- appropriately trained and deemed competent, and
- appointed by us for the relevant job function.
Training and assessment
Find the job function that you want to be accredited for.
Follow the link to find out about what each job function covers and the training and assessment required to gain accreditation.
List of job functions:
- BVI3001 Export inspection of empty bulk vessels
- ECI3001 Export inspection of empty containers
- FOP3001 Export inspection of woodchips
- FOP3002 Export inspection of logs
- FOP3003 Export inspection of processed forest products
- GSEP4001 Export inspection of prescribed grain and plant products protocol
- HAS3001 Export inspection of hay and straw
- HEP4001 Export inspection horticulture protocol
- HOR3002 Export inspection of fruit and vegetables
- PGG3001 Export inspection of prescribed grain and plant products
- RBC3001 Export inspection of raw baled cotton
- TRE3001 Export phytosanitary treatments - Onshore cold treatment and in transit cold treatment