Industry Advice Notice no. 2004/22: Wood and wooden products to Taiwan
Date issued 21 December 2004
To notify industry of the Taiwan import requirements for wood and wooden products effective 01 December 2004.
- Taiwan requires that all imported wood and wooden products containing bark must be issued with phytosanitary certification without the requirement for any additional declarations.
- All wood and wooden products free from bark may be imported without phytosanitary certification.
- Importation into Taiwan of any wood or wooden products contaminated with soil is strictly prohibited.
Industry are advised to note the following
- All Phytosanitary Certificates for wood and wooden products for Taiwan must strictly be electronic, previous notification of the requirements for electronic certification have been distributed to industry and AQIS staff in Industry Advice Notices (IAN) No. 2004/05 and 2004/08.
- The Taiwan import requirements for wood and wooden products does not relate to wooden packaging and dunnage (ISPM 15 obligations).
For further details please contact your regional AQIS office.
Manager, Grain Export Program, Plant Programs
Contact Officer: David Fouracre
Ph: 02 6272 5968
Fax: 02 6272 3745