2012-31 - Plant Export Operations Manual and Work Instruction for Hay and Straw
26 July 2012
To advise industry of new procedural resources for sampling, inspection and certification of hay and straw for export are now accessible on the Plant Export Operations Manual (PEOM) website.
The Export Control (Hay and Straw) Orders 2005 were repealed in 2011 and the provisions within these Orders were incorporated within the Export Control (Plants and Plant Products) Order 2011.
The Plant Export Operations Manual (PEOM) and Work Instruction for the export of hay and straw have now been realigned with the current Order, providing procedural references for the sampling, inspection and certification of export hay and straw across Australia. This is to assist in achieving national consistency in export certification processes to meet importing country requirements and Australian plant export legislative requirements. Both the PEOM and Work Instructions should be read in conjunction with the Export Control (Plants and Plant Products) Order 2011.
- The following procedural resources will come into effect on 6 August 2012:
- From 6 August 2012 authorised officer candidates will be assessed against the above resources.
- Exporters of hay should familiarise themselves with PEOM Volume 8A Commodity inspections – Hay & straw and work instruction HAS3001 Inspection and certification of hay and straw prior to presenting hay and straw for export
- Exporters should refer to the Manual of Importing Country Requirements prior to exporting hay or straw to ensure import conditions can be complied with.
Authorised Officer Responsibilities
- Authorised Officers are to ensure they are familiar and comply with PEOM Volume 8A Commodity inspections – Hay & straw and work instruction HAS3001 Inspection and certification of hay and straw prior to inspecting hay and straw for export.
For any further details please email Grain & Seed Export program, or phone (02) 6272 3229, or contact the Regional Plant Export Manager.
A/g Assistant Secretary
Plant Export Operations