2012-47 - Plant Export Operations - Work Instruction HAS3001 - Inspection and certification of hay and straw
2 October 2012
To advise industry and Authorised Officers that Work Instruction — HAS3001 Inspection and certification of hay and straw has been revised and is now accessible on the Plant Export Operations Manual (PEOM) resources webpage.
The Export Control (Hay and Straw) Orders 2005 were repealed in 2011 and the provisions within these Orders were incorporated within the Export Control (Plants and Plant Products) Order 2011 (the Order).
Work Instruction HAS3001 — Inspection and certification of hay and straw was realigned with the current Order, providing procedural references for the sampling, inspection and certification of hay and straw for export, assisting in achieving nationally consistent export certification processes which meet importing country requirements and Australian plant export legislative requirements.
Work Instructions should be read in conjunction with PEOM and the Order.
- The following procedural resource will come into effect on 5 October 2012:
Work Instruction - HAS3001 Inspection and certification of hay and straw (Version 3.0) are available on the website.
- From 8 October 2012 Authorised Officer candidates will be assessed against the above resources.
Key Amendments in Work Instruction
The following key amendments have been made in the Work Instruction — Inspection and certification of hay and straw to export:
- Sampling and inspection procedures for hay and straw exports to all destinations except China.
- Tolerances removed. Refer to PEOM Volume 8a Commodity Inspection — Hay and straw for detailed information on tolerances for pests and contaminants.
- Sampling and inspection techniques for hay and straw exports to China.
- Exporters of hay should familiarise themselves with PEOM Volume 8a Commodity inspections — Hay and straw and Work Instruction — HAS3001 Inspection and certification of hay and straw (Version 3.0) prior to presenting hay and straw for export
- Exporters should refer to the Manual of Importing Country Requirements on the website prior to exporting hay or straw to ensure import conditions can be complied with.
Authorised Officer Responsibilities
- Authorised Officers should ensure they are familiar and comply with the work instruction HAS3001 Inspection and certification of hay and straw prior to inspecting hay and straw for export.
For any further details please contact Grain & Seed Export program on +61 2 6272 3229 or email the Grain & Seed Exports Program.
A/g Assistant Secretary
Plant Export Operations