2013-13 - Grain and Seed Export Program - Plant Export Operations Manual and Work Instruction for Empty Containers
28 March 2013
To advise industry and Authorised Officers of new procedural resources for inspection of empty containers are now accessible on the DAFF website.
The Plant Export Operations Manual (PEOM) and associated Work Instructions for empty container inspections provide procedural references for the inspection of empty containers across Australia. PEOM and Work Instructions are under review to align with Export Control (Plants and Plant Products) Order 2011 and to assist in achieving national consistency in export certification processes which meet importing country and Australian plant export legislative requirements. Both PEOM and Work Instructions should be read in conjunction with Export Control (Plants and Plant Products) Order 2011.
- The following procedural resources will come into effect on 28 March 2013:
- PEOM Volume 11 Empty Container Inspection (view DAFF website for further information)
- Work Instruction ECI3001 Inspection of Empty Containers (view DAFF website for further information)
Changes for Volume 11 and ECI3001:
- Inclusion of internal lamination of empty containers with transparent and non transparent material to upgrade non-consumable containers to consumable grade
- Updated container approval cancellation procedure
- From 29 April 2013 authorised officer candidates will be assessed against the above resources.
- Exporters who export goods in containers should familiarise themselves with PEOM Volume 11 Empty container inspection and Work Instruction ECI3001 Inspection of empty containers.
Authorised Officer Responsibilities
- Authorised Officers are to ensure they are familiar and comply with PEOM Volume 11 Empty container inspection and Work Instruction ECI3001 Inspection of empty containers.
If you have any further enquiries, please contact Grain and Seed Export program on +61 2 6272 3229 or email or contact the Regional Plant Export Manager.
Plant Export Operations