2013-48 - Plant Export Operations Manual for Grain and Plant Products
2 December 2013
To advise industry that updated procedures for rejection of grain and plant products for export are now accessible on the Plant Export Operations Manual (PEOM) website.
The Plant Export Operations Manual (PEOM) and associated Work Instructions for the export of grain and plant products provide procedural references for the sampling, inspection and certification of export grain and plant products across Australia. Both PEOM and Work Instructions should be read in conjunction with the Export Control (Plants and Plant Products) Order 2011.
The following procedural resources will come into effect on 4 December 2013:
Changes for volume 8:
- Updated rejection procedure for the detection of weed seeds
- A 50 tonne rejection is applicable for the detection of weed seeds
- Exporters of grain, seeds, nuts and stockfeed should familiarise themselves with PEOM Volume 8 Commodity inspections - Grain, seeds, nuts and stockfeed prior to presenting grain and plant products for export
- Exporters should refer to the Manual of Importing Country Requirements prior to exporting grain and plant products to ensure import conditions can be complied with.
Authorised Officer Responsibilities
- Authorised Officers are to ensure they understand and comply with PEOM Volume 8 Commodity inspections - Grain, seeds, nuts and stockfeed and work instruction PGG3001 Inspection of prescribed grain and plant products prior to inspecting grain and plant products for export.
For any further details please contact Grain & Seed Export program on (02) 6272 3229 or email grain export or contact the Regional Plant Export Manager.
Plant Export Operations