2013-49 Grain and Seed Export Program - Plant Export Operations Manual and Work Instruction for Hay and Straw
10 December 2013
To advise industry and Authorised Officers that new procedural resources for the inspection of hay and straw are now available on the Department of Agriculture website.
The Plant Export Operations Manual (PEOM) and associated Work Instructions for hay and straw inspections provide procedural references for the inspection of hay and straw across Australia. Both PEOM and Work Instructions should be read in conjunction with Export Control (Plants and Plant Products) Order 2011.
- The following procedural resources will come into effect on 16 December 2013:
- PEOM Volume 8A Commodity Inspections - Hay and Straw V3.2
- Work Instruction HAS3001 Inspection of hay and straw V3.1
To view the procedural resources, please refer to the department's website.
Changes for Volume 8A and HAS3001:
- Inclusion of an additional in-line sampling method, using loose hay and straw from the production process
- Updating the requirements for the coring technique
- From 28 January 2014 Authorised Officer candidates will be assessed against the above resources.
- Further investigations and discussions with industry are being undertaken in regards to sampling rate of containers. Once sampling rates have been finalised version 4 of the PEOM volume and work instruction will be released.
Exporters who export hay and straw should familiarise themselves with PEOM Volume 8A Commodity Inspections - Hay and straw and Work Instruction HAS3001 Inspection of hay and straw.
Authorised Officer Responsibilities
Authorised Officers are to ensure they are familiar and comply with PEOM Volume 8A Commodity Inspections - Hay and straw and Work Instruction HAS3001 Inspection of hay and straw.
If you have any further enquiries, please contact Grain and Seed Export program on +61 2 6272 3229 or email grain export or contact the Regional Plant Export Manager.
Plant Export Operations