2015-05 - Plant Exports – Phytosanitary certification for Citrus fruits to Malaysia
To advise industry of the product coding required for submitting Requests for Permits for citrus fruits to Malaysia.
As of 1 January 2015, Malaysian Department of Agriculture requires a phytosanitary certificate to accompany consignment of citrus fruits exported from Australia, refer Industry Advice Notice 2014/44.
Plant Export systems were updated to reflect this change on 2 January 2015.
- It has come to the attention of Plant Exports that phytosanitary certification is unable to be issued for the citrus fruits using the current EXDOC codes.
- Plant Exports is working with the IT section to address this issue and resolve as soon as possible.
- In the interim, Plant Exports has developed new EXDOC codes for citrus fruits for exports to Malaysia, being:
- These codes are effective immediately.
- If any additional codes are required for citrus fruits to Malaysia please email Exdoc Plant Programs
- Plant Exports will provide further updates as it becomes available.
If you have any further enquiries, please contact Exdoc Plant Programs.
a/g Assistant Secretary
Plant Export Operations