2015-08 - Horticulture Exports – Transition to electronic certification for table grape and citrus exports to Japan under in-transit cold treatment
10 February 2015
From February 2015, electronic certification using EXDOC, including Request for Permit (RFP) and phytosanitary certificates, will be required for table grape and citrus exports to Japan under the in-transit cold treatment (ITCT) pathway.
For exports to Japan under ITCT, industry and departmental officers previously sent manual phytosanitary certificates, calibration records, raw treatment data and consignment issues to the Horticulture Exports Program. From February 2015, the Plant Exports National Documentation Hub (NDH) will take over this role.
The Department of Agriculture is phasing out manual plant export certification. All RFPs, phytosanitary certificates and calibration certificates will be issued electronically through EXDOC or PEMS.
For exports to Japan under ITCT, manual certification will no longer be issued and all certification will be issued electronically.
Exporters have the option to either procure accredited third party software and undertake required training to enable them to submit their RFPs, or employ an agent who has been accredited to submit RFPs for protocol exports.
Exporters and departmental officers must follow these documentation requirements:
- an RFP is to be lodged and presented at the time of requesting an appointment. An EX28 will not be accepted
- the RFP must have the print indicator set to “manual” (M)
- the RFP must have the print location set to “Melbourne – Grain & Horticulture” (ME3). Remote printing of certificates is not permitted and certificates will not be issued until the treatment details have been entered into the RFP following assessment of data
- inspectors must use PEMS during inspection
- all emails and documentation must be sent to the NDH (Plant Exports NDH)
- emails must state in the subject line one of the following options:
|raw treatment data|
“ITCT – [Vessel name] – Completed CT containers”
|vessel summary reports|
“ITCT – [Vessel name] – Summary report”
“ITCT – [RFP number, Container number] – Consignment issue”
“ITCT – [RFP number, Container number] – Calibration record”.
For any further enquiries, please contact the NDH by email at Plant Exports NDH.
Plant Export Operations