2015-22 - Plant Exports – MICoR Plants cases for Grains & Seeds to Malaysia
27 May 2015
To advise exporters of updates made to MICoR Plants for grains and seeds for export to Malaysia for consumption, processing and stockfeed use.
- Following new phytosanitary import conditions required by the Malaysian Department of Agriculture (DOA) as of 1 January 2015, the department has been working to seek clarification from the Malaysia DOA regarding consistency in the issuing of import permits and phytosanitary certification requirements.
- MICoR Plants has been updated with specific cases for grains and seeds for consumption (human), processing and stockfeed use, which is based on existing and current trade.
- The cases which are not for a specific product, previously categorised as ‘Other’, have been removed from MICoR Plants database.
- Any intended export of a product which does not have a specific MICoR Plants case may proceed only if an import permit or an instrument in writing has been obtained from the Malaysian DOA specifying import conditions.
- Exporters are to email MICoR Plants with the import permit or an instrument in writing for assessment and updating of the database (email@example.com).
If you have any further enquiries, please email MICoR Plants .
Plant Export Operations