2015-62 - Market access for external authorised officers for export horticulture protocol markets - additional market
23 November 2015
To advise that the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources has successfully negotiated market access for the use of external authorised officers with Japan to inspect exported protocol fresh fruit and vegetables.
Industry Advice Notice (IAN) 2015-45 advised that the department had written to trading partners with whom Australia has negotiated protocol market access arrangements and that six out of the eight had accepted the use of external authorised officers.
Summary of changes and key points
- Australia has received a favourable response from Japan regarding the use of external authorised officers for the inspection of protocol fresh fruit and vegetables.
- The Reference: Table of horticulture protocol markets has been simplified to list all product/country combinations that are considered protocol markets.
- The Reference: Table of authorised officer job functions has been updated to list which protocol markets an external authorised officer can inspect to under the Export Horticulture Protocol HEP4001 job function. This reference will be updated as new protocol commodity groups are released.
- External authorised officers must refer to this table to determine which commodity/country combination they can inspect.
- Updated authorised officer application forms can be found on the department's website.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email: Plant Export Training
Dr Chris Parker
Plant Export Operations Branch