2015-68 - Authorised Officer Program - Release of job function for grape protocol markets
23 December 2015
To advise that the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources has released HEP4001:2 Export inspection horticulture protocol - Grape for the inspection of grapes to protocol markets.
- HEP4001:2 will enable external authorised officers to be appointed to inspect fresh grapes to the countries listed in Reference: Table of horticulture protocol markets
- External authorised officers will be required to apply to the department to be trained and competency assessed in HEP4001:2. See below for information on how to apply.
- Mandatory pre-requisite competency exists for all inspection authorised officers who wish to become appointed in HEP4001:2. This competency is for the existing horticulture job function, HOR3002:2 Export inspection of fruit and vegetables - Group 2 - Grape.
How to apply
To apply for the HEP4001:2 job function:
- existing external authorised officers will need to complete and return an Authorised Officer change of job function/s form for HEP4001:2
- new external authorised officers will need to complete and return an Authorised Officer application for Australian Plant Exports form covering both HOR3002:2 and HEP4001:2
Training and Competency Assessments
Facilitated training with a Department of Agriculture and Water Resources Plant Export Assessor is mandatory before assessment for competency for HEP4001:2 can be undertaken.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email Plant Export Training.
Dr Chris Parker
Plant Export Operations Branch