2015-69 - Authorised Officer Program – Release of job function for mango protocol markets
23 December 2015
To advise that the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources has released HEP4001:3 Export inspection horticulture protocol - Mango for the inspection of mangoes to protocol markets.
- HEP4001:3 will enable external authorised officers to be appointed to inspect fresh mangoes to China and New Zealand only.
- External authorised officers will be required to apply to the department to be trained and competency assessed in HEP4001:3. See below for information on how to apply.
- Mandatory pre-requisite competency exists for all inspection authorised officers who wish to become appointed in HEP4001:3. This competency is for the existing horticulture job function, HOR3002:3 Export inspection of fruit and vegetables - Group 3 - Mango
How to apply
To apply for the HEP4001:3 job function:
- existing external authorised officers will need to complete and return an Authorised Officer change of job function/s form for HEP4001:3
- new external authorised officers will need to complete and return an Authorised Officer application for Australian Plant Exports form covering both HOR3002:3 and HEP4001:3
Training and Competency Assessments
Facilitated training with a Department of Agriculture and Water Resources Plant Export Assessor is mandatory before assessment for competency for HEP4001:3 can be undertaken.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email Plant Export Training.
Dr Chris Parker
Plant Export Operations Branch