2016-08 - Authorised officer program – Development of a public register of authorised officers
17 February 2016
To advise that the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources will implement a public register of plant exports authorised officers (AOs), and to advise of the requirement for each existing plant exports AO to complete the attached consent form.
On 30 June 2014, the Wheat Industry Advisory Taskforce released their report titled An inquiry into wheat export quality management practices. The Minister accepted the recommendations made by the report, one of which was that all grain industry AOs should be listed on a public register, to minimize the risk of a conflict of interest arising.
The Plant Export Operations branch has chosen to use this public register for both horticulture and grain industry AOs and will host the register at www.agriculture.gov.au. Further notification will be provided once the register is live.
An Authorised officer personal details consent form (attached) has been developed and only those AOs who consent to having their details made publicly available using this form will have their details on the register.
For those AOs who consent to it, the following information will be made publicly available:
- AO number
- full name
- the State they operate in
- the accreditation they hold
- their email and phone number
- their employer details where relevant
Summary of changes and key points
- The Department of Agriculture and Water Resources will implement a public register of plant exports authorised officers.
- All existing plant export AOs will need to complete and return a consent form regardless of whether they consent to having their details on the register or not.
- The consent form is to be completed and returned to the AO program by 31 March 2016.
Authorised officer responsibilities
All plant export authorised officers must return the Authorised officer personal details consent form attached to the Authorised Officer Program, advising whether they consent to having their details on the register or not.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email: Plant Export Training
Dr Chris Parker
Plant Export Operations Branch