2016-12 - Authorised Officer Program – Release of job function for pome fruit protocol markets
1 March 2016
To advise that the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources has released HEP4001:5C Export inspection horticulture protocol - Pome fruit for the inspection of citrus to protocol markets.
- HEP4001:5C will enable external authorised officers to be appointed to inspect fresh pome fruit to the countries listed in Reference: Table of horticulture protocol markets.
- External authorised officers will be required to apply to the department to be trained and competency assessed in HEP4001:5C. See below for information on how to apply.
- Mandatory pre-requisite competency exists for all inspection authorised officers who wish to become appointed in HEP4001:5C. This competency is for the existing horticulture job function, HOR3002:5 Export inspection of fruit and vegetables - Group 5 - Stone, pome and tropical fruit.
How to apply
To apply for the HEP4001:5C job function:
- existing external authorised officers will need to complete and return an AO change of job function/s form for HEP4001:5C
- new external authorised officers will need to complete and return an AO application form covering both HOR3002:5 and HEP4001:5C
Training and Competency Assessments
Facilitated training with a Department of Agriculture and Water Resources Plant Export Assessor is mandatory before assessment for competency for HEP4001:5C can be undertaken.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email: Plant Export Training.
Dr Chris Parker
Plant Export Operations Branch