2016-60 - Horticulture Exports Program – Citrus packhouse applications for exports to protocol markets in 2017
25 October 2016
To advise the citrus industry that online applications are now open for citrus packhouses to be approved for export for the following countries in 2017:
- South Korea (excluding Queensland)
- China (all states)
- Thailand (all states)
- Taiwan (South Australia only)
- Japan (South Australia only)
- New Zealand (all states)
- USA (Riverina, Riverland and Sunraysia regions only)
In 2014 the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources worked with Citrus Australia to develop an online system to improve the application and approval process for growers intending to export citrus to some protocol markets. Citrus Australia has expanded the online application process to include packhouses and additional markets.
Summary of changes and key points
- If your packhouse was export-approved by the department in 2016, your details are already in the system and you will receive an email from Citrus Australia. If you have not already received an email from Citrus Australia please email Registrations.
- If your packhouse was not export-approved in 2016 and you wish to export in 2017 to the protocol markets listed above, please email Registrations.
- Please read through the relevant citrus export work plans available in the “Documents” section of the Manual of Importing Country Requirements (MICoR) website.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email Registrations.
Dr Chris Parker
Plant Export Operations Branch