2016-65 - Horticulture Exports Program – Citrus grower applications for exports to protocol markets in 2017
16 November 2016
To advise the citrus industry that online applications are now open for citrus growers to apply for their citrus orchards or blocks to be approved for export to South Korea, China, Thailand and New Zealand (Queensland growers only) in 2017.
In 2014 the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources worked with Citrus Australia to develop an online system to improve the application and approval process for growers intending to export citrus to some protocol markets. Citrus Australia has since expanded the online application process to include packhouses and additional markets.
Summary of changes and key points
- If your orchard or block was export-approved by the department in 2016, your details are already in the system and you will receive an email from Citrus Australia. If you have not already received an email from Citrus Australia please email Registrations.
- If your orchard or block was not export-approved in 2016 and you wish to export in 2017 to the protocol markets listed above, please email Registrations.
- Grower applications will close on 31 December 2016.
- Packhouses must have all nominated orchards or blocks surveyed by a Registered Crop Monitor between 1 and 28 February 2017.
- Packhouses must upload the crop monitor report and an orchard map into the system and sign an electronic declaration that orchards have met quarantine requirements by 1 March 2017.
- Please read through the relevant citrus export work plans available in the “Documents” section of the Manual of Importing Country Requirements (MICoR).
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email Registrations.
Dr Chris Parker
Plant Export Operations Branch