2017-08 - Authorised officer program – Package assisting small exporters
23 March 2017
The purpose of this Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to remind industry that the funding associated with the Plant Exports Authorised Officer (AO) Model under the Package assisting small exporters (PASE), is only available until 30 June 2017.
Summary of key points
- The department is providing funding to assist those AOs who nominate a horticulture job function, to take up the AO Model.
- The funding covers the initial training, assessment and appointment of up to 400 AO candidates, who may nominate up to 5 job functions on one application.
- The funding will only be available until 30 June 2017.
- New and existing AOs who nominate a horticulture job function on their application will be eligible for the funding.
- Some charges do still apply to AOs.
To support horticulture exporters, in particular small exporters, the Minister for Agriculture and Water Resources approved a project through the PASE to bolster the number of external AOs by more than a third.
The proposal took effect on 1 December 2015. The funding covers the delivery of initial training, assessment and subsequent appointment of successful AO candidates, and is limited to 400 AOs for a period ending on 30 June 2017.
Industry Advice Notice 2016-14 Authorised Officer Program – Package assisting small exporter issued 9 March 2016 notified exporters of the commencement of funding.
The cost is being shared between industry and the department as follows:
|Training & assessment fee||$1750||Department|
|Additional training & Assessment fee (if required)||$2000||Industry|
Further information on the above fees and charges can be found at the following link: Fees.
Any new or existing AOs requesting horticulture exports job functions are eligible for the funding, and those eligible will be informed individually once their application is received.
Horticulture exports job functions are as follows:
- Export inspection of fruit and vegetables
- Export inspection of nursery stock, flowers and foliage
- Export inspection horticulture protocol markets
- Export phytosanitary treatments - In-transit cold treatment.
Up to five job functions can be chosen per application.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email: Plant Export Training.
For information on authorised officers, visit Authorised Officers.
For information on the PASE programme, please visit Package Assisting Small Exporters.
Dr Chris Parker
Plant Export Operations Branch