2017-09 - Authorised officer program – Up to date Authorised Officer contact details needed for SMS notifications
27 March 2017
The purpose of this Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise external Plant Export Authorised Officers (AOs) that the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources will be adopting an SMS notification service for the administration of AOs.
Summary of key points
- From 1 April 2017, the department will be notifying external AOs of upcoming AO expiry dates and relevant IANs via an SMS notification sent to their mobile phone.
- AOs should update their contact details by completing an Authorised officer update details form and submitting it to the department as soon as possible.
- The department will continue to provide advice and notifications to all AOs via email.
The department has explored alternative ways to communicate with external AOs to address current communication gaps. From 1 April 2017, the department will be adopting an SMS notification service to alert external AOs who have provided their mobile phone numbers to the department, with notifications relating to:
- their upcoming AO expiry date
- the availability of relevant IANs on the department’s website.
In order for this service to operate effectively the department is urging all external AOs to ensure that their contact details are up to date and, where necessary, to complete and submit a relevant Authorised officer update details form.
The department will continue to provide notification of IANs published on the department’s website and advice on AO administration to AOs, via email as normal.
Authorised officers must:
- ensure that their contact details are up to date
- update their contact details if necessary by completing an Authorised officer update details form and submitting it to the department.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email: Plant Export Training
Dr Chris Parker
Plant Export Operations Branch