2017-28 - Horticulture Exports Program – Updated work plan for Australian citrus exports to Thailand
9 August 2017
The purpose of this Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise industry that an updated work plan for the export of citrus from Australia to Thailand is now available on the Manual of Importing Country Requirements (MICoR).
Summary of changes and key points
The changes made to the work plan relate to the registered Block or Orchard information required on labelling and the Phytosanitary Certificate.
The Thailand Department of Agriculture (DOA) have requested that all consignments of fruit sourced from states other than Queensland include the block details on labelling and the Phytosanitary Certificate.
A summary of the work plan changes are:
- Orchard or block export approval number under item 12 (Distinguishing marks and Container nos.). This must be entered into the “shipping marks” section of the EXDOC Request For Permit (RFP) and be in the following format:
- for fruit sourced from Queensland: ORCHARD :XXXX
- for fruit sourced from all other states or territories: BLOCK :XXXX-XX
- If citrus is shipped in loose boxes, the information appearing on each package must be printed (not handwritten) and include:
- Orchard approval number for fruit sourced from Queensland
- Block approval number for fruit sourced from all other states and territories.
The updated work plan is now in effect. All growers, packhouses, treatment facilities, exporters and peak industry bodies must be aware of and follow the conditions detailed in the updated work plan.
The export of fresh citrus to Thailand must follow Australian legislative requirements and the protocol requirements of the DOA.
To assist industry with meeting these requirements a work plan for the export of citrus to Thailand has been published. The work plan can be viewed on the MICoR Plants website. To access these documents you must be registered with MICoR Plants.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email: Horticulture Exports Program ACT.
Mr David Ironside
Acting Assistant Secretary
Plant Export Operations Branch