2018-25 - Horticulture Exports Program – Export of summerfruit to China, Taiwan and Thailand
4 July 2018
The purpose of this Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise the summerfruit industry that the online registration system is open until 27 July 2018 for growers and packers to apply for export to China, Taiwan and Thailand in the 2018 and 2019 season.
Summary of changes and key points
- Growers and packers must complete their application forms through the summerfruit export registration system.
- Application forms for treatment providers will be provided in a separate IAN shortly.
- Grower and packhouse applications will close on 27 July 2018 close of business.
- Summerfruit Australia will check, finalise and handover all applications to the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources by 10 August 2018.
- Audits will commence on 24 September 2018.
- Please read through the relevant summerfruit work plans and/or protocols available in the ‘Documents’ section of the Manual of Importing Country Requirements (MICoR).
The table below outlines which entities require accreditation to export summerfruit to China, Taiwan and Thailand.
|Market||Australian region||Grower||Packhouse||Treatment facilities|
Fumigation + cold
- Recognised fruit fly pest free areas (PFAs) in Tasmania and the Riverland region of South Australia only.
- Plums are not permitted to be exported to Taiwan.
Growers, packers and treatment providers applying for accreditation will be audited by the department to ensure compliance with the relevant work plans and protocols. Some entities may be audited by the importing country authority.
Audits will commence on 24 September 2018. Applicants must be available onsite during this time and have records available as outlined in the relevant work plan or protocol.
If you have any questions regarding the summerfruit export registration system please email the CEO Summerfruit.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email the Horticulture Exports Program.
Mr David Ironside
Plant Export Operations Branch