2020-33 - Plant Export Operations – Teleconference to discuss the Consultation Draft Export Control (Plants and Plant Products) Rules 2020
10 June 2020
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise that an additional teleconference will be held to discuss the Consultation Draft Export Control (Plants and Plant Products) Rules 2020 with industry on 12 June 2020.
Summary of changes and key points
- An additional teleconference will be held from 10:30 am–12:00 noon (AEST) on 12 June 2020 to discuss the Consultation Draft Export Control (Plants and Plant Products) Rules 2020 (draft plant rules) with industry.
- Please contact Export Legislation by 12:00 noon (AEST) on 11 June 2020 to register your interest to participate in the teleconference.
Note: A maximum of 25 attendees will be permitted, to ensure that numbers remain manageable and participants have ample opportunity to ask questions. Places will be allocated on a first come, first served basis.
- The draft plant rules was released for public consultation on 18 May 2020. The documents are available on the department’s Have Your Say page.
- The draft plant rules sets out the operational requirements that must be met to export plants and plant products from Australia. The draft plant rules will replace the existing regulations and orders and should be read in conjunction with the Export Control Act 2020.
- The new legislation will commence on 28 March 2021.
- Feedback on the draft plant rules must be submitted on the Have Your Say page by COB 19 June 2020.
- One teleconference has already been held with industry participants on 5 June 2020.
- Please refer to IAN 2020-24 for further information.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email Export Legislation.
Plant Export Operations Branch