Ten Regional Forest Agreements (RFAs) are in place in four Australian States.
- New South Wales: Eden, North East (Upper and Lower) and Southern NSW regions.
- Victoria: East Gippsland , Central Highlands, North East, Gippsland and West regions.
- Western Australia: South-West forest region.
- Tasmania: The RFA covers the State.
- The Commonwealth and State Governments completed a Comprehensive Regional Assessment for South-East Queensland, but did not sign an RFA.
The RFAs cover forested regions where commercial wood production is a major native forest use.