Australia participates in a number of international forums that help develop policy on international aspects of agricultural and veterinary (agvet) chemicals.
- Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants
- Rotterdam Convention on the Prior Informed Consent Procedure for Certain Hazardous Chemicals and Pesticides in International Trade
- Minamata Convention on Mercury and Lighting
- Methyl Bromide and the Montreal Protocol on Substances that Deplete the Ozone Layer.
Further information on these conventions can be found on the websites listed below:
- Website of the Stockholm Convention
- Website of the Rotterdam Convention
- Website of the OECD Working Group on Pesticides
- Rotterdam Convention - DFAT website
- Stockholm Convention - DFAT website
- Minamata Convention - Department of the Environment website
- Montreal Protocol - Department of the Environment website