Cooked duck meat from Thailand
Public consultation on this risk analysis has closed. We are now reviewing your feedback.
Steps to complete this review
When we do a review, we:
- review the science on pests and diseases of concern
- assess and analyse biosecurity risks
- develop proposed risk management measures
- consult the public on the draft report and then review comments
- publish a final report
- develop import conditions
- publish import conditions in our Biosecurity Import Conditions System (BICON)
Thank you for sharing your perspectives, ideas and research on the draft report.
Your feedback will help inform our final risk analysis for cooked duck meat from Thailand.
We propose that the importation of cooked duck meat be allowed from Thailand. All imports must meet the agreed biosecurity import conditions.
The draft report details:
- diseases of biosecurity concern for this commodity
- risk assessments for the identified diseases of biosecurity concern
- conditions under which imports may be allowed.
Department of Agriculture, July 2019
|Importation of cooked duck meat from Thailand: draft review PDF||72||2.57 MB|
|Importation of cooked duck meat from Thailand: draft review DOCX||72||1.40 MB|
If you have difficulty accessing these files, visit web accessibility for assistance.
Now that the public consultation is closed, we will:
- consider all feedback
- develop a final report.
We will then release the final report and publish any new import conditions on BICON. Register in BICON to receive an alert when we publish the import conditions.
Learn more about why we carry out risk analyses and our international obligations.
Register as a stakeholder
Register as a stakeholder to receive notices about animal biosecurity policy.
For more information about this review email Animal Biosecurity.