NEXDOC benefits and changes
We want to improve people’s experience using our export services.
NEXDOC brings with it some new and enhanced features.
It will improve your interaction with us through interactive workflow processes.
Find out more about NEXDOC.
Terminology will change
In NEXDOC, a ‘Request for Permit (RFP)’ will be known as a Request for Export Documentation (REX).
Manage your details
Use NEXDOC to update your:
- contact details
- NEXDOC registration details.
Reduces paper forms
NEXDOC automates manual certification and supporting export documentation. This reduces the need for paper applications, including:
- non-prescribed goods (other goods and honey)
- non-Australian product
- re-export certification
- on-forwarding letters
- letters of facilitation
- extra certificates
- requests for replacement certificates.
Attach more information
Use NEXDOC to record more export information, such as:
- references to supporting export information to a request for export documentation
- cross reference information
- reference transfer certificate numbers (for commodities such as meat).
You will be able to attach information to a REX, such as:
- import permits
- bills of lading
- third country certificates.
Access information and control your requests
Use NEXDOC to:
- track the export approval process of your REX
- transfer and withdraw EDNs without contacting the Helpdesk
- preview certificates before printing
- print certificates on white paper - certification issued by NEXDOC will have a unique QR code to improve tracking and security, removing the need for blue paper(where agreed with importing countries)
- identify users as an AEPI (approved export permit issuer) streamlining the authorisation of REXs and removing the need for AQA user IDs.
More new features are planned for future releases, including online registration for export establishments and automated billing.
NEXDOC offers increased ability to print in your office (My Print).
Improved system performance
NEXDOC makes it easier and quicker to request export documentation, including:
- faster transmissions via third-party software and greater flexibility in services
- automatic emailing of eCert data.
Save time by:
- pre-validating your REX before submission (where available in your software)
- using pre-populated drop-down menus – this replaces free-text fields in EXDOC interface
- reducing the need for manual certificates and forms.
Highlights for specific commodities
Attach supporting documents such as the EU Checklist to the REX, no need for follow-up emails.
Chinese certificates can be printed via My Printer.
Check our industry notices and advices to stay informed about exporting dairy products from Australia.