2014-31 - Grain and Seed Export Program - Plant Export Operations Work Instruction for Raw Baled Cotton
25 September 2014
To advise industry and Authorised Officers of a new procedural resource for inspection of raw baled cotton that is now accessible on the Department of Agriculture website.
1. The following instructional material will come into effect from Monday 29 September 2014:
- Work Instruction RBC3001 Inspection of Raw Baled Cotton v2.1 at Plant Export Operations Manual.
- Summary of changes for RBC3001:
- Update to the maximum number of bales in a lot
- Update to the requirements for empty container inspection
Exporter and Occupier of Registered Establishments Responsibilities
Exporters who export raw baled cotton should familiarise themselves with PEOM Volume 8 Commodity Inspections – Grain and plant products excluding horticulture, and Work Instruction RBC3001 Inspection of raw baled cotton for export.
Authorised Officer Responsibilities
Authorised Officers are to ensure they are familiar and comply with PEOM Volume 8 Commodity Inspections – Grain and plant products excluding horticulture, and Work Instruction RBC3001 Inspection of raw baled cotton for export.
If you have any further enquiries, please contact the Grain and Seed Exports Program on (02) 6272 3229 or
Export or contact the Authorised Officer Hotline 1800 851 305.
Plant Export Operations