2018-19 - Authorised Officer Program – Onshore cold treatment pilot
30 May 2018
The purpose of this Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to seek nominations for participation in a pilot of the training package for the pending job function TRE3001:2 Export phytosanitary treatments - Onshore cold treatment.
Summary of changes and key points
- The job function TRE3001:2 Export phytosanitary treatments - Onshore cold treatment will be released to industry early next financial year.
- The Authorised Officer Program is seeking nominations from authorised officers (AOs) who would like to participate in a pilot of the training package.
- Eligible AOs must hold the HOR3002: Export inspection of fruit and vegetables (any attachment) and have access to an onshore cold treatment facility to pilot the training.
- Pilot training will take place during the month of June 2018.
- The Work Instruction: Supervising an onshore cold treatment for plant exports will be published on the Plant Export Operations Manual prior to the commencement of the pilot.
- Expressions of interested should be emailed to Plant Export Training by COB 11 June 2018.
- AOs involved in the pilot will not be eligible for assessment in the job function TRE3001:2 Export phytosanitary treatments - Onshore cold treatment until the official release of the job function.
- The AO training and assessment fee of $1750 will apply to all applicants who have not previously applied for the TRE3001:1 Export phytosanitary treatments – In transit cold treatment job function.
Supervising an onshore cold treatment is currently performed by departmental AOs; the extension of this role to external AOs will deliver greater flexibility to industry.
AOs holding the TRE3001:2 Export phytosanitary treatments - Onshore cold treatment job function will be accredited to supervise the initiation of cold treatment, verify treatment completion, supervise the loading of consignments into containers and complete the onshore cold treatment record.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email Plant Export Training.
Mr David Ironside
Plant Export Operations Branch