Authorised Officer Program – Release of the Export phytosanitary treatments – onshore cold treatment job function
4 July 2018
The purpose of this Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise industry of the release of the job function TRE3001:2 Export phytosanitary treatments – onshore cold treatment and associated instructional material.
Summary of changes and key points
- The job function TRE3001:2 Export phytosanitary treatments – onshore cold treatment is now available.
- The authorised officer training and assessment fee of $1750 will apply to new applicants who have not previously applied for the TRE3001:1 Export phytosanitary treatments – in-transit cold treatment job function.
- Mandatory pre-requisite competencies for TRE3001:2 include HOR3002: Export inspection of fruit and vegetables (any attachment).
- The Work Instruction: Supervising an onshore cold treatment for plant exports and Reference: Onshore cold treatment record are available on the Plant Export Operations Manual.
Authorised officer responsibilities
- AOs must comply with the instructional material.
- Existing AOs wishing to add the TRE3001:2 job function to their appointment can do so by completing the Authorised Officer change of job function form available on the department’s website. All forms must be accompanied by evidence of the appropriate pre-requisite competencies.
- New applicants wishing to apply for the TRE3001:2 job function can do so by completing the Authorised Officer application form available on the department’s website. All applications must be accompanied by evidence of the appropriate pre-requisite competencies.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email the Plant Export Training.
A/g Assistant Secretary
Plant Export Operations Branch