2018-46 - Horticulture Exports Program – Citrus packhouse applications for exports to protocol markets in 2019
5 October 2018
The purpose of this Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise the citrus industry that applications are now open for the accreditation of packhouses to export to the following countries in 2019:
- South Korea (excluding Queensland)
- China (all states)
- Thailand (all states)
- Taiwan (South Australia only)
- Japan (South Australia only)
- New Zealand (all states)
- USA (Riverina, Riverland and Sunraysia regions only).
Summary of changes and key points
- If your packhouse was accredited by the Department of Agriculture and Water Resources for exports to the above protocol markets in 2018, your details are already in the system and you will receive an email from Citrus Australia. If you have not already received an email, please contact Citrus Australia.
- If your packhouse was not accredited in 2018 and you wish to export in 2019 to the protocol markets listed above, please contact Citrus Australia.
- Please read through the relevant citrus export work plans available in the “Documents” section of the Manual of Importing Country Requirements (MICoR) website.
- The following instructional material for accredited properties is available on the Plant Export Operations Manual.
- Guideline: Management of horticulture export accredited properties
- Guideline: Audit of horticulture export accredited properties
In September 2018, the department amended to the Export Control (Plants and Plant Products) Order 2011 to include the accreditation of properties for the export of specific horticulture products to certain protocol markets.
This amendment forms part of wider departmental initiatives to strengthen agricultural exports and market access, through improving the current agricultural export legislative framework. This includes the development of the Export Control Bill 2017 and commodity‑specific subordinate legislation in the form of Export Control Rules.
The Export Control Bill 2017 was introduced into the Australian Parliament on 7 December 2017, and includes provisions for accredited properties.
If you have any questions regarding applying for accreditation please email Citrus Australia.
For any questions regarding The Export Control (Plants and Plant Products) Amendment (Accredited Properties) Order 2018 (Amendment Order) please email the Horticulture Exports Program.
Mr David Ironside
Plant Export Operations Branch