2019-28 - Horticulture Exports Program – Implementation of new official bolt seals used to secure containers for Japan
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) provides advice for ordering the new bolt seals used to secure containers for Japan, and instructions on the disposal of the old bolt seals.
Summary of changes and key points
- On 31 May 2019, the department notified stakeholders of changes to the appearance of official marks—bolt seals used to secure containers for Japan, in IAN 2019-21.
- Orders for the new seals can be placed using the order form below. The department encourages you to place your orders as soon as practical to facilitate their timely dispatch.
- Completed forms should be emailed to the
North East Regional (Brisbane) office or posted to:
PO Box 222
HAMILTON CENTRAL QLD 4007.
|Security Seal Order Form DOCX||1||97 KB|
If you have difficulty accessing these files, visit web accessibility for assistance.
- Ensure the new seals remain segregated until they are required, from 1 August 2019 onwards.
- Use of the old seals must cease on close of business 31 July 2019.
- The old seals must be returned to the North East Regional office (details as above).
Following a tender process, a change in the appearance of bolt seals will occur.
As notified in IAN 2019-21, the implementation date for these changes is 1 August 2019; the existing bolt seal must cease being applied at close of business 31 July 2019.
All containers for Japan must be secured and sealed with the new official bolt seals commencing 1 August 2019.
If you have any questions regarding the seal order form, email the
North East Export Meat Staff Resources Unit or call (07) 3637 7737.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email the Horticulture Exports Program.
Plant Export Operations Branch