2019-33 - Grain and Seed Exports Program – Updates to empty bulk vessel instructional material
17 July 2019
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise that the instructional material for the inspection of empty bulk vessels for export has been updated.
Summary of changes and key points
- The following instructional material for the inspection of empty bulk vessels for export has been updated and published on the Plant Export Operations Manual (PEOM):
- Guideline: Empty bulk vessels for export
- Work Instruction: Inspecting empty bulk vessels.
- The guideline has been re-named Guideline: Inspection of empty bulk vessels for export.
- The work instruction has been re-named Work Instruction: Inspecting empty bulk vessels for export.
- The instructional material has been updated to
- clarify the requirements of the buddy system
- clarify the requirement for each inspection Authorised Officer (AO) to complete their own Take 5 Checklist
- clarify what supporting documents must be provided to the AO and attached to the inspection record
- clarify the actions that must be taken by the AO when live insects, live or dead rodents, infestible and non-infestible residues are detected during the inspection
- remove the requirement for AOs to hold a Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC)
- reflect the updated requirements for recording inspections in the Plant Export Management System (PEMS).
- All parties with roles and responsibilities explicit in the updated instructional material and in legislation must comply with it.
The department is undertaking a review of its instructional material published on the PEOM. This includes Volumes, Guidelines, Work Instructions, References and Candidate advices. This material is being reviewed to ensure its currency and to help it better meet industry’s needs.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email the Grain and Seed Export Program.
Plant Export Operations Branch