2019-38 - Grain and Seed Exports Program – Update to inspection of forest products instructional material
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise that the instructional material for the inspection of forest products for export has been updated.
Summary of changes and key points
- The following instructional material for the inspection of forest products for export has been updated and published on the Plant Export Operations Manual (PEOM):
- Volume 8B: Commodity Inspections – Forest Products
- Work instruction: Inspection of Forest Products.
- The instructional material has been updated to:
- Clarify the requirements of the Department of Agriculture’s Methyl Bromide Fumigation (MBF) methodology
- Clarify that reduced sampling of containerised logs may only be undertaken if the goods were fumigated in accordance with the MBF methodology
- Provide additional guidance for Authorised Officers for recording the results of inspections of containerised logs when using reduced sampling rate
The department is undertaking a review of its instructional material published on the PEOM. This includes Volumes, Guidelines, Work Instructions, References and Candidate advices. This material is being reviewed to ensure its currency and to help it better meet industry’s needs.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email the Grain and Seed Exports Program.
Plant Export Operations Branch