2020-27 - Authorised Officer Program – Completing plant export inspection and treatment records
3 June 2020
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise Authorised Officers (AOs) of an update to the Work Instruction: Completing plant export inspection and treatment records on the Plant Export Operations Manual.
Summary of changes and key points
- The Work Instruction: Completing plant export inspection and treatment records has been updated to include
- instructions for completing plant export inspection and treatment in the Plant Export Management System (PEMS)
- PEMS Quality System Recognition records
- PEMS Mobile Bulk Loading records
- the policy that the record must be a true reflection of what was presented to the AO at the time of inspection or treatment
- the policy that the AO must complete one inspection record (excluding the bulk vessel running record PE105) for each 24-hour period.
Note: This allows the department to set an export compliance period for individual containers, where containers are being loaded over several days. The ECR period can extend over midnight to account for shifts.
- the policy for amending records post-submission
- The following manual inspection records have been updated to reflect the information recorded in PEMS
- PE100 export compliance record
- PE102 export compliance record
- PE104 container approval record
- PE105 bulk vessel loading running record
AOs must comply with the new instructional material from 1 July 2020.
AO training: AO candidates will be trained against the new material from 15 June 2020.
AO assessments: AO candidates will be assessed against the new material from 1 July 2020.
AO audits: AOs will be audited against the new material for consignments inspected from
1 July 2020.
Important: AOs can begin to use the new material from today, however it is not compulsory until the implementation dates listed above.
The Work Instruction: Completing plant export inspection and treatment records contains the policy and procedures for authorised officers (AOs) to follow when completing plant export inspection and treatment records manually and electronically using the Plant Export Management System (PEMS). This document can be found under the Documentation heading in the Plant Export Operations Manual.
PEMS is an IT system that is used to capture and store information relating to the export of plants and plant products from Australia, including plant product export inspection, calibration results and transport unit inspections.
AOs must complete inspection and treatment records in accordance with the policy and procedures outlined in the Work Instruction: Completing plant export inspection and treatment records from the date of implementation.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email the Information Management Team.
Plant Export Operations Branch