2021-18 - Plant Exports Operations – Updated certification requirements for hay and straw to Taiwan
6 May 2021
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to advise clients that from 10 May 2021 a Certificate as to Condition (G46) will be required for all hay and straw consignments exported to Taiwan.
Summary of changes and key points
- From 10 May 2021, the Certificate as to Condition (G46) will replace the current Declaration and Certificate as to Condition (EX188) for all hay and straw consignments exported to Taiwan.
- The Certificate as to Condition (G46) will be issued electronically from EXDOC.
- Authorisation of the Request For Permit (RFP) can be requested from the Assessment Services Group.
- A Declaration and Certificate as to Condition (EX188) will no longer be issued for hay and straw consignments to Taiwan.
- Relevant Micor Plants cases have been updated to reflect the updated certification requirements.
- A hard copy of the original certificate must accompany the consignment or be couriered to Taiwan prior to the consignment arriving.
- This notice supersedes IAN 2020-77.
On 28 September 2020, the Bureau of Animal and Plant Health Inspection and Quarantine (BAPHIQ) of Taiwan issued notification G/SPS/N/TPKM/516/Rev.1/Add.1 notifying trading partners of the entry into force of the Quarantine Requirements for the Importation of Straw and Forage for Animal Feed as of 1 January 2021.
We have been working closely with our counterparts in Taiwan to streamline the certification process and have gained acceptance from Taiwan to issue the electronic Certificate as to Condition (G46) for all hay and straw consignments.
Prior to 10 May 2021, Exporters should access the latest importing country requirements from the Micor Plants database and familiarise themselves with the updated certification requirements for hay and straw consignments to Taiwan.
Plant Export Operations Branch