2021-30: Congestion Busting – Industry Survey for harmonised regulatory approach between Commonwealth, State and Territory Governments
7 June 2021
This Industry Advice Notice (IAN) is to invite plant export industry to share your feedback on an online survey.
- The Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment is looking to identify areas of duplication and simplify requirements for those working in the plant (horticulture and grain) agriculture sector across interstate and international export trade (farmers, packhouses, authorised officers, exporters, registered establishments, treatment providers, transporters).
- The project aims to save time and reduce costs for those working across domestic and international export markets.
- Please take a couple of minutes to complete the improving out plant export system survey to help us identify areas of duplication and priorities for improvement that will provide the best value to you. You can also register your interest for a call back and/or face-to-face consultation.
- The survey will close COB 25 June 2021.
- Your feedback will be used to shape state and Commonwealth policies to strengthen Australia’s plant exports system by having a more closely aligned domestic plant health system.
The Australian Government introduced a package of reforms for the Australian agricultural sector as part of the Economic Recovery Plan to rebuild the economy and recover from the COVID-19 recession. The Busting Congestion for Agricultural Exporters package, worth over $328.4 million over four years from 2020–21, will slash unnecessary red-tape to get products to export markets faster and support jobs in rural, regional and remote Australia.
The package is aimed at building a resilient agriculture sector that supports jobs in rural, regional and remote Australia and will be implemented over 3–5 years.
If you have any questions regarding this IAN please email the Congestion Busting Program.
Plant Export Operations Branch