Australian Fisheries Legislation
The Federal Register of Legislation is the legal information retrieval system.
The Federal Register of Legislation has the most complete and up-to-date collection of Commonwealth legislation available.
Legislation relevant to fisheries in Australia
- Fisheries Administration Act 1991
- Fisheries (Administration) Regulations
- Section 91 ministerial direction to AFMA (2005)
- Torres Strait Fisheries Act 1984
- Torres Strait (Fisheries) Regulations 1985
- All Department of Agriculture legislation
The following contain information on Australian Law and International Arrangements.
- Code of Conduct for Responsible Fishing
- FAO Compliance Agreement
- United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea
- United Nations Fish Stocks Agreement