Be a part of the discussion. Register for this year’s webinar series.
We are keen to engage with you about environmental biosecurity to support our environment, industries and communities.
The annual environmental biosecurity webinar series provides a platform for knowledge sharing, networking, and collaboration amongst all tiers of government, Landcare and NRM organisations, researchers, conservation groups and leading plant and animal health bodies.
2023 Environmental biosecurity webinar series
Connected. Resilient. Shared. Environmental biosecurity perspectives on the National Biosecurity Strategy's priority areas
The 2023 webinar series will take its theme from the National Biosecurity Strategy (NBS). Released in August 2022, the NBS provides a strategic roadmap and collective vision for Australia’s biosecurity system over the next ten years.
Guided by the strategy’s six priority areas, the 2023 environmental biosecurity webinar series will explore environmental biosecurity ideas, projects, research and case studies that are contributing to a more connected, resilient, and shared biosecurity system.
The six NBS inspired themes for the 2023 webinar series are:
- Shared biosecurity culture
- Stronger partnerships
- Highly skilled workforce
- Coordinated preparedness and response
- Sustainable investment
- Integration supported by technology, research, and data.
2023 webinar schedule and program
This webinar series will take place every two months on a Thursday between 12:30-2pm AEST.
Please visit our Eventbrite page to register for the webinars and for more details on the 2023 dates and speakers.
Environmental Biosecurity Webinar Recordings
Webinar 1 - March
- Shared biosecurity culture – March 2023 (viostream.com)
- Transcript (coming)
- Webinar 1 – Biosecurity, a weakness in one is a vulnerability to all. April 2021 (viostream.com)
- Webinar 2 - Connecting the EEPL to the people – May 2021 (viostream.com)
- Webinar 3 - Where there's a path there's a way – June 2021 (viostream.com)
- Webinar 4 - Pests & ecosystems – exploring risks to forests and parklands – July 2021 (viostream.com)
- Webinar 5 - Pests & ecosystems – exploring risks to marine and freshwater environments – August 2021 (viostream.com)
- Webinar 6 - Pests & ecosystems - exploring risks to wildlife in their environments – September 2021 (viostream.com)
- Webinar 7 - Opening the toolbox. Tools and technology for detection, control and eradication – October 2021 (viostream.com)
- Webinar 8 - Indigenous Perspectives of environmental biosecurity – November 2021 (viostream.com)
- Webinar 1 Biosecurity (viostream.com)
- Webinar 2 - It's all about the people (viostream.com)
- Webinar 3 - Flora, fauna (viostream.com)
- Webinar 4 - Phytophthora (viostream.com)
- Webinar 5 - Biosecurity risks in focus, contaminants and commerce (viostream.com)
- Webinar 6 - Phytophthora (viostream.com)
- Webinar 7 - Biosecurity in our backyard (viostream.com)
- Webinar 8 - Myrtle Rust (viostream.com)
Get in touch
If you want to be included on our distribution list, if you wish to provide feedback on our webinars, or would like to suggest a topic for our webinar series, email us at ACEBO@agriculture.gov.au.