The Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, together with other Australian government departments, is responsible for operations related to importing goods to Australia.
The department manages biosecurity controls to minimise the risk of exotic pests and diseases entering the country.
The department imposes fees and charges on import and shipping industries to cover the costs of maintaining national biosecurity operations.
The department provides updates, notices and forms that are useful to industry. For the import of horses, please see relevant links below.
Notices to Industry
- Notice to Industry 18: Quick guide to import fees for horses
- Notice to Industry 17: Sampling requirements for Equine Influenza testing
- Notice to Industry 16: First point of entry standards for the arrival of horses into Australian seaports
- Notice to Industry 15: Pregnancy status of mares/jennies at the time of export to Australia
- Notice to Industry 14: Policy on riding horses at the Mickleham Post-Entry Quarantine Facility
- Notice to Industry 12: Pre-Export Quarantine Facility Audit and Recovery of Costs Policy
- Notice to Industry 11: Courier driver responsibilities – transport of samples from horses subject to biosecurity control
- Notice to industry 10: Cleaning contractors - biosecurity requirements
- Notice to Industry 9: Country-specific Appendix B certificates
- Notice to Industry 8: Horse importer responsibilities – New Zealand and New Caledonia
- Notice to Industry 7: Veterinary therapeutic kits
- Notice to Industry 5: Requirements for veterinarians at the Mickleham Post-Entry Quarantine Facility for horses
- Notice to Industry 4: Requirements for grooms accompanying and working with horses at the Mickleham post-entry quarantine facility
- Notice to Industry 3: Horse transport vehicle drivers and imported horses – biosecurity requirements
- Notice to Industry 2: Biosecurity requirements for aircraft operations personnel – imported horses
- Notice to Industry 1: Horse importer responsibilities
Forms for importing horses
- 0.10 Form - Record of persons nominated to collect horses from the Mickleham Post-Entry Quarantine Facility
- 0.2 Form - Notice of Intent
- 3.9 Form - Record of persons nominated to attend to horses at the Mickleham Post-Entry Quarantine Facility
- Form - Application for booking at Mickleham Post Entry Quarantine horse compound (PDF 211 KB)
- Form - Application for booking at Mickleham Post Entry Quarantine horse compound (DOCX 76 KB)
Forms for transit or transhipment of horses
Email email@example.com for more information.