Biosecurity Matters Newsletter
Want to find out more about why biosecurity matters? View our biosecurity awareness videos.
It contains stories about important biosecurity matters, pest and disease discoveries, events, news for importers and exporters, as well as amusing and interesting biosecurity seizures from our airports, seaports and mail centres.
The newsletter was previously published as a quarterly, hardcopy publication, but is now available as a bi-monthly, online newsletter.
December 2019 edition includes:
- More cancelled visas: the perils of not declaring what you’re carrying
- Experts meet at Environmental Biosecurity Roundtable
- New field guide to help detect and report emergency animal diseases
- Biosecurity operations group profile: weeding out the pests that could spread serious animal and plant diseases
- Next steps: National Priority List of Exotic Environmental Pests and Diseases
- $10 million battle against pests and weeds
- Two decades of beating biosecurity threats with our kiwi friends
- 2019 National Biosecurity Forum
- Celebrating the successful conclusion of the PEQ Build project
- Don’t deck the halls with boughs of imported holly
- Heading overseas? Check your passport, visas, SIM card… and this video
- 2020 is the International Year of Plant Health
Don't miss out on the next Biosecurity Matters.
Subscribe to join the electronic mailing list to receive the next Biosecurity Matters into your mailbox.
In this section
- Biosecurity Matters Edition 5, 2019
- Biosecurity Matters Edition 4, 2019
- Biosecurity Matters Edition 3, 2019
- Biosecurity Matters Edition 2, 2019
- Biosecurity Matters Edition 1, 2019