A convenient package of Australian spatial layers ready for use in MCAS-S is available covering a broad scope of interests including:
- biophysical (vegetation, soil, terrain, water, climate,)
- social (household, community and population characteristics)
- economic (land use, agricultural commodity, income, land value, rate of return).
These raster data sets have been prepared from data provided by the Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Sciences (ABARES), Australian Bureau of Statistics (ABS), Australian Electoral Commission (AEC), Australian National University (ANU), Bureau of Meteorology (BOM), Centre for Invasive Animal Solutions, Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO), Department of Agriculture Water and the Environment (now Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry and Department of Climate Change, Energy, the Environment and Water), Environmental Systems Research Hub, Geoscience Australia, and New South Wales government.
The MCAS-S data pack is downloadable from data.gov.au:
Older versions of the map layers are also on data.gov.au and the Australian Natural Resources Data Library:
- 2014 - MCAS-S data pack (1 km)
- 2011 - MCAS-S data pack (2 km)
- 2009 - MCAS-S data pack (5 km and 1 km)
Other data packs for specific locations within Australia include: