To access the Next Export Documentation (NEXDOC) system you will need to register as a user based on the access you choose.
You will only be able to use NEXDOC if your commodity has been introduced into the system. Find out how we are transitioning commodities to NEXDOC.
There are three ways you can access NEXDOC:
- use the NEXDOC portal and register as an exporter
- buy third party software and register as a client group administrator or client group member
- pay an export agent
Please note, not all NEXDOC access channels are available for all commodities.
The NEXDOC portal is a direct means for exporters to apply for export certification, with the department. The portal is accessed through the department’s online services.
The portal is a free platform offered by the department to obtain your export certification. Once registered your name and address will be included as the exporter/owner on any documents generated for you.
Honey and apiculture products to over 50 markets are now available on the portal. We will incrementally onboard additional countries and commodities who require export certification. This information can be found at transitioning commodities to NEXDOC
The below video outlines how to register for the NEXDOC portal as an exporter.
To find out more on how to register for the NEXDOC portal visit NEXDOC Help.
For some commodities, you can connect to NEXDOC using software available from third party providers. Before you can use software to access NEXDOC there are a few things that you need to consider.
Current EXDOC software users
If you are currently using EXDOC, you will need to upgrade your current software to access the new NEXDOC system.
Start preparing to access NEXDOC before your commodity module is added. Contact your software provider to find out what you need to do.
Upgrades to software packages will be available as we roll out each of the commodity modules.
Check when we are transitioning new commodities to NEXDOC.
If you do not currently use EXDOC software, but you would like to interact with NEXDOC using commercially available software, you will need to buy a software package. Alternatively, you can use the NEXDOC portal for dairy.
Alternatively, exporters can also use our department portal.
Each software package is different. Some provide whole of documentation solutions and you should ensure that you select a package that meets your business needs.
Before you buy, check:
- level of client support provided
- maintenance agreements
- whether it is fit for your purposes
Contact an accredited software supplier.
If you would like to print certificates and other export documents at your own office, check printer requirements that you need to meet.
Find out more about export agents on the Austrade website.
If you want to provide an export agent service:
- contact an accredited software supplier
If you are printing your own certificates, your printer must:
- be located in Australia
- be a duplex laser printer
- support at least 600dpi
If you need any assistance with mapping printers to your software, please contact your software provider in the first instance.
How to register as a user in NEXDOC
Before you can use NEXDOC, you will need to register as a user via the online service portal even if you are using a third party software to access the system.
You can apply for different levels of access in NEXDOC depending on how much of the export documentation process you want to complete yourself.
Register as an Exporter
Registering as an exporter is available in the portal. As an Exporter your name and address will be included as the exporter/owner on any documents generated for you.
You will need to:
- Create an account with online services (Refer to Create an Online Services pathway in Portal guides for assistance)
- Select Register as an Exporter (trading/company name).
- Follow the Create and Manage your NEXDOC account pathway in the Portal guide bellow.
If you currently use third party software to lodge export documentation, refer to Register as a Client Group Administrator.
Register as a Client Group Administrator
If you currently use third party software to lodge export documentation, follow the client group registration pathway and register as a Client Group (formerly EDI User).
You will need to:
- Create an account with Online services (if you haven’t done so previously, refer to Create an Online Services pathway in Portal guides for assistance)
- Select Client Group Administrator for external software Users.
- Follow the Create client group administrator for external software user pathway in the Portal guide
The individual that registers the company initially as a client group, will automatically be the client group administrator. This will allow you to manage the client groups and the group members.
Once your registration request is approved, you can create more client group administrators and add client group members to your client group.
For more information on this process, read the NEXDOC Client Group Administrator guide.
Register as a Client Group Member
This option is currently only available for dairy.
You will need to be a client group member if you will be using third party software to:
- submit export requests on an exporter’s behalf
- approve export permits as an automated export permits issuer (AEPI)
To undertake activities such as raising export requests or approving export documentation, you need to ensure that you are added as a client group member to the client group.
You don’t need to register, a client group administrator for the company can add you to their client group in NEXDOC.
If you are an existing AEPI user you will need to reapply for export permit issuer status in NEXDOC.
If you would like to apply for export permit issuer status in NEXDOC, see Approving export permits in EXDOC (NEXDOC).
Once you have determined the registration, you need to use NEXDOC, proceed to How to register as a user for NEXDOC and follow the portal guide.
If you are considering developing a software package solution to integrate with the NEXDOC’s web services, email the Enhanced Traceability Project.
Registration Portal Guides
Follow our step-by-step portal guides to:
There are two ways to create an online services account:
- with an mygov identifier
- directly with the department
Once you have created an account in online services, you can connect to other services.
- Select Connect to a service or select the Services tab.
A list of services available are displayed.
Select the service you would like to connect to, i.e. NEXDOC
For more information refer to the How to register as an exporter in NEXDOC video or read the NEXDOC Create and Manage your account instructional guide.
To access the NEXDOC system you must:
- create an online Services account (Refer to Create an Online Services pathway in Portal guides for assistance)
- lodge a client group administrator request (if you use software or are a representative who manages the export process for an exporter) or
- register as an exporter in NEXDOC (if you exporter/owner of any documents generated for you).
Your name and address will be included as the exporter/owner on any documents generated for you.
The application questions can differ depending on your circumstances.
When you start the request, you will be guided through the application workflow.
Enter the name and contact details of the organisation. These details that will appear on your certification.
- Tell us who the best person is to contact about your account.
- If you are the contact person, select the relevant option. Your details will be copied from the Exporter details tab. If someone else is the contact you can enter an email address and NEXDOC will undertake a search to locate an existing client.
- If the client record is found you can select from two options:
- use this existing client as the contact person. Selecting this option will use the contact details stored on NEXDOC for this person.
- don’t link the existing client, enter details manually. Select this option to enter the contact details.
You can apply to use your own printer to print documentation from NEXDOC. Make sure when applying your printer meets the required printer requirements.
Tell us which commodities you will be exporting.
Single electronic window integration
Complete if you intend to integrate NEXDOC with the single electronic window (SEW):
The single electronic window (SEW) in NEXDOC gives exporters a single data entry point for export clearance from us and the Department of Home Affairs. Through SEW, you can apply to link your NEXDOC entries to the Integrated Cargo System (ICS) and receive ICS Clearance as part of your NEXDOC Request for Export Documents (REX).
Your request will be sent to us.
We will review your application. We will contact you if we have any questions.
Once your application has been processed, you will see new options in online services.
This includes option such as:
- Go to NEXDOC Homepage
- Lodge a Request for Export (REX)
- Manage Client Groups (software users)
Maintain your details
You can now use online services to:
- update your details
- access NEXDOC services.
Update your details
Your personal details can be edited in the My details screen. The email and numbers supplied in this section will be used by us to contact you.
Access NEXDOC services
NEXDOC Services allows you to access:
To locate NEXDOC services, go to the NEXDOC homepage.
On the NEXDOC homepage you will have an Account option.
From the Account option you can access:
- My details
- NEXDOC services
- Address books.
For software users only. Manage your groups and group members.
Allows you to add exporter records to your account.
You can print some documentation outside of our offices. In these cases, a client can print on their premises once we have reviewed your request.
You can apply for other commodities as they become available on NEXDOC.
For more in depth step by step instructions and details on creating a NEXDOC account, see the document titled “NEXDOC Create and Manage your account” found in Related documents at the bottom of the page.
If further assistance is required, please contact the NEXDOC help desk.
You will need to register as a client group administrator if you have purchased software from an approved software vendor and have been requested to create client group identifiers and group member identifiers.
- Open Online Services.
- Select the Services tab.
- The Services screen displays.
- Select Client Group Administrator for External Software Users.
- The Register to be a Client Group Administrator screen displays.
When you start the request, you will be guided through the application workflow:
- Business Name: Enter your business name and ABN (Australian Business Number).
- Client group reference: This is for your records and can be in any format.
- Address: Enter the physical address of the client group. This address is verified by google maps.
- Contact Number: Enter a phone number for the contact person.
- EDI number (if known): Enter the Electronic Data number.
Select the commodities you intend to export.
If you are exporting Dairy, you will be asked if you give approval to share your export data with Dairy Australia.
- I am the contact person: Select if you are the contact person for this client group. Your details are associated with the administrator role for this group.
- Someone else is the contact person: Select to nominate another person to be the contact person for this client group. Enter a valid email or NEXDOC client ID (if existing NEXDOC user) for the contact person. Select Search for existing client. NEXDOC will search for the contact person record.
- If a match is found it will display.
- If there is no client match you can enter the contact person details.
Select this option for the client group to be able to print from their office location. This triggers a request that is sent to us for review.
Manage Client Groups
When we approve your request to be a client group administrator, a new service called Manage Client Groups displays on the Home tab and the Services tab.
Several functions can be performed in this service you can access:
- client groups
- contact person
- My printer
- export commodities
- client group members
Proceed to add group members, this will generate identifiers for each of your users.
For more in depth step by step instructions or other information on how to Navigate NEXDOC please refer to NEXDOC Help.
If further assistance is required, please contact the NEXDOC help desk NEXDOC@aff.gov.au.