Welcome to an easier way to do business
About the Biosecurity Portal
The department is improving the way we deliver our services to our industry clients. We have worked with industry to co-design our new digital service model and enable streamlined and simplified interactions with us online through the Biosecurity Portal (the Portal).
The Portal gives import clients the ability to make and manage inspection booking requests, view direction information and lodge Approved Arrangement Class 14.4 inspection outcomes 24/7 via an online system.
As the Portal develops, we’ll add more features that will help industry save time and money whilst modernising the biosecurity system for clients.
Planned features include access by Offshore Treatment Providers and Approved Arrangements to a range of digital services. Further information will be made available in due course.
Services available through the Biosecurity Portal
The following services are currently available via the Portal:
- Inspection Services
- Request, modify and cancel an import inspection
- View and print AIMS Directions
- Approved Arrangement Class 14.4 outcomes
If you import cargo into Australia, you may need to book a time and place for the goods to be inspected. Inspections may need to happen on arrival, at the seaport or airport, or at a third-party site that has been approved by the Department.
The Portal allows import clients to book, view and manage their import inspections at any time.
Through the Portal, clients also have access to Agriculture Import Management System (AIMS) direction information, in addition to the AIMS Direction being issued via email.
Import clients, signed up to use the Portal via myGovID, will be able to view AIMS Direction information issued by the department if:
- Approved Arrangements – if the AA number is listed against an active AIMS Direction.
- Brokerage – the ABN of the brokerage is listed against the import declaration in the Integrated Cargo System (ICS).
- Importer – the ABN of the importer is listed against the import declaration in the ICS.
Who can use the Portal?
The Biosecurity Portal currently supports all approved arrangements, brokers, importers, as well as freight forwarders, and clients who do not have an ABN.
Who cannot use the Portal?
Clients who require:
- Request an inspection with an airway bill
- bulk bookings/manned depots (recurring bookings only)
- high volume specialist operators (HVSO) booking personal effects inspections
- imported food virtual visual label inspections
- plant export inspections
- inspections occurring in Tasmania
cannot use the Biosecurity Portal at this stage and should continue to use the existing email-based system.
The Portal allows reporting of rural tailgate inspection outcomes for Approved Arrangement class 14.4 Biosecurity Industry Participants (BIPs).
Lodging inspection results through the Portal will allow BIPs to easily search and select the relevant entry or container number, with in-built data validation to verify the data, reducing administrative and potential system errors.
Accessing the Biosecurity Portal
For more information on how to sign up with either access method please refer to Portal Support.
Once you have registered, you can access the Biosecurity Portal at:
Call 1800 900 090