Welcome to an easier way to do business
About the Biosecurity Portal
If you import cargo into Australia, you may need to book a time and place for the goods to be inspected.
Inspections may need to happen on arrival, at the seaport or airport, or at a third-party site that has been approved by the Department.
The new online Biosecurity Portal allows import clients to book and manage their import inspections at any time.
Who can use the Portal
The Biosecurity Portal currently supports all approved arrangements, brokers, importers, as well as freight forwarders, and clients who do not have an ABN.
Who cannot use the Portal?
Clients who require:
- airway bill inspections
- high volume specialist operators (HVSO) booking personal effects inspections
- imported food virtual visual label inspections
- bulk bookings/manned depots (recurring bookings only)
cannot use the Biosecurity Portal at this stage and should continue to use the existing email-based system.
The Portal is available in all regions for clients to lodge their import inspection requests.
The Biosecurity Portal allows most import industry clients to book and manage inspections at any time in a single centralised online location. Features include the ability to:
- Book, modify or cancel import inspection requests
- View inspection requests and progress updates all in one location
- Update your profile
- View AIMS direction information.
As the Portal develops, we’ll add more features that will help importers save time and money.
Accessing the Biosecurity Portal
Once you have registered, you can access the Biosecurity Portal at:
Call 1300 170 852 (9am - 5pm AEDT Monday to Friday)