Research and development corporation: Meat and Livestock Australia Limited (MLA)
Date of notice: 1 December 2020
Effective date for levy returns: 28 August 2021*
*NB: This notice applies to returns for cattle and live-stock (producers) and transactions for the period from 1 July 2021 onwards, as follows:
- ‘cattle and live-stock producers’ (producers charge on cattle and live-stock delivered for export’ monthly return due within 28 days after the end of the month (returns due by 28 August 2021 and after that date)
- ‘cattle and live-stock transactions’ (transactions levy on cattle and live-stock purchased/sold/delivered)
- monthly return due within one (1) month 28 days after the end of the month (returns due by 28 September 2021 and after that date)
- annual return due by 31 October in the next financial year (returns due by 31 October 2022 and after that date)
Affected collection products:
Cattle and Live-stock (producers) and transactions under schedules 6, 7, 25 and 27 of the Primary Industries Levies and Charges Collection Regulations 1991 (PILCC Regs 1991).
MLA has established a register of levy/charge payers for cattle and live-stock (producers) and transactions. In accordance with subregulation 10(4A) of the PILCC Regs 1991, this notice is to inform you that a register of levy/charge payers is being kept for the affected collection products by MLA.
MLA is an eligible recipient of levy/charge payer’s information under paragraph 27A(2)(d) of the Primary Industries Levies and Charges Collection Act 1991.
In addition to information required under schedules 6, 7, 25 and 27 of the PILCC Regs 1991, all returns for the affected collection products for 1 July 2021 onwards, must include levy payer information. Under subregulation 10(4B) of the PILCC Regs 1991, levy payer information is:
- the name, address, contact details (phone number and/or email address), ABN (if any) and ACN (if any) of each person who has paid, or is liable to pay, levy or charge for the product for the period to which the return relates; and
- the amount of levy or charge each person mentioned in paragraph (a) has paid, or is liable to pay, for the product for that period.
Information on privacy, legislation and governance requirements can be found at agriculture.gov.au/ag-farm-food/levies/levy-payer-registers.
You can lodge your return online at agriculture.gov.au/levies-online. If you have questions about this notice or how to lodge a return, please email email@example.com or call 1800 020 619 and leave your contact details.
Notice issued by:
The Department of Agriculture, Water and the Environment